Nosing for Faults: Advanced Sensory Analysis
- Classroom Instruction
- Sensory training practicum in laboratory setting
To train participants in sensory analysis methods to enable them to find faults, troubleshoot, and develop consistent, quality products. To coach participants through demonstrations and practice to develop a sensory quality control program for their own professional environment.
- Students will understand the interaction between nose, tongue, and brain.
- Students will be able to prepare a sensory analysis appropriate for the type of distillate and environment.
- Students will be able to distinguish among the different sensory analysis methodologies and know the pros and cons of each.
- Students will train to detect the development off flavors and taints during production and find causes, symptoms and remedies.
- Students will study technologies used to aid sensory analysis.
- Students will practice detecting faults at different thresholds.
- Students will learn best practices for developing their own sensory quality control program.
Tuition: $2,495 USD
Still Have Questions? Ready to Get Started?
Contact: Christin Head | 502.301.8139