Associate Beverage Architect – Flavorman
Reporting to: Director, Beverage Architect
Summary: To provide a comprehensive support role for the Product Development Department assisting in lab projects, operations, and maintenance.
Required Skill Set: Food and beverage background, highly proficient in mathematics, organized, time-bound, skilled in customer service, competent in written and verbal communication, able to perform in-depth research and due diligence within the food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities for Food Safety: Raise potential food safety concerns on newly developed products; follow the SQF code
Training Required by Flavorman: GLP, GMP, SQF
- Prepare and ship client prototypes in a timely manner; clients will be notified of shipments and expected delivery dates
- Retrieve supplies from lab warehouse area, ensure the lab stock is well maintained and communicate with supervisor on inventory of operating supplies
- Perform analytical testing (pH, Brix, TA, CO2) on all samples sent out to clients
Work on large scale pilot productions for the product development team
- Perform assigned laboratory tests under supervision of the product development manager
- Evaluate and analyze new products on the market as they relate to development work, as well as “kitchen recipe” samples sent in by potential clients
- Research topics as needed, including topics requested by clients, Lab Director, Business
- Development team, or self-directed to gain understanding of a specific area relating to beverage development.
- Utilize verbal and written reports to communicate results of research and/or scientific tests completed
- Perform general laboratory clean up daily, including but not limited to: load and empty dishwashers, clear and clean counters and ingredient shelving, take out garbage and recycling
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Location: Louisville, KY (Required)