Website Rolling Hills Casino
This position oversees the creation of spirits and/or liqueurs. It is a senior position and involves a wide-range of responsibilities including: overseeing the production line, product development, quality control, product testing and sourcing raw materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates with Brew Master on runs and schedules.
- Develops, manages and lead the daily activities of team members in the production of high quality American whiskey products, providing strong leadership and effective problem resolution in manufacturing environment.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate performance on all direct reports including coaching, mentoring, and training to ensure all team members have the proper tools required for success.
- Conducts regularly scheduled communication meetings with all team members.
- Ensures environmental compliance by working effectively with internal resources and building strong rapport with external resources and regulatory agencies.
- Be an active participant in sensory evaluations of raw materials, distillate, fermenting beer, and aged product, developing a logging and records system to help better understand nuances of the distillation and maturation process.
- Develops, execute and review daily inspections on raw materials through sight, aroma, test weight, moisture content and foreign material analysis.
- Develops, execute and monitor monthly and annual production schedules ensuring sufficient and timely procurement of raw materials.
- Purchases all required grain and coordinate necessary logistics.
- Manages new barrel procurement, usage and storage.
- Manages scheduling of outbound distillate.
- Communicates with supervisors and department managers to coordinate operations, work schedules, and activities between departments and across multiple shifts.
- Act as a resource and brand ambassador to provide brand awareness and education by liaising with consumers, distributor customers and media.
- Conduct VIP tours.
- Generates required State and Federal reporting documents.
- Knowledge of ABC rules and regulations governing the sales and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Slip resistant shoes
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and/or a formal Distiller education from an accredited brewing program and Minimum 2 to 5 years of brewing management experience in a production brewery or a combination of education and experience. Possess and maintain proficient understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Assurance / Sensory Trained to measure cell health, pitch rates, ABV analysis, IBU analysis, taste and color analysis. Knowledge of spirits and packaging equipment as well as steam, chilled water, and compressed gas utilities. Experience and capable of performing all brew house, cellar, CIP, QC, and packaging duties required. Must have strong computer skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. TipS certification as trained at Rolling Hills Casino. Food handler’s permit from a relevant government agency. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino. Valid California Driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must continually lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Director of Food and Beverage
FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply for this job email your details to ACordova@rollinghillscasino.com