Website Log Still Distillery
Log Still Distillery in Gethsemane, Nelson County, Kentucky is seeking an experienced Distillery Utilities/Facilities Engineer to oversee engineering and maintenance of all campus operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: oversight of the campus construction and distillery operations, and site maintenance. This working manager must be a strong results-driven leader, hardworking, and have the ability to direct, train, mentor and manage maintenance staff and contractors.
Major Job Responsibilities / Key Duties
- Oversee engineering and maintenance programs of campus facilities, utilities, and distillery.
- Develop and supervise the preventative maintenance program including annual shut down and clean outs.
- Develop, support, monitor, and own Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of maintenance, productivity, safety, budget, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, the Environmental Protection Agency and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
- Manage the maintenance staff and periodic engineering/trade interns.
- Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for daily maintenance and campus operations staff.
- Handle both development and discipline of employees within company guidelines, supported by the Human Resources Director, including conducting performance reviews for direct reports.
- Manage the engineering and maintenance needs for the entire Dant Crossing campus.
- Facilities include distillery, tasting room, restaurant, event/conference center, multiple B&B’s, amphitheater and train depot.
- Building maintenance to include HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical (basic distribution and operation).
- Manage (troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, and clean) all major utility systems, including boilers, chillers, cooling tower, water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment program, sanitary sewers, fire protection, and liquified natural gas supply. Other equipment includes, but is not limited to, mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and digital, pneumatic and manual instruments.
- Boilers – basic steam system preventative maintenance and repair.
- Chillers and cooling tower – basic systems preventative maintenance and repair
- Water treatment/distribution – management of treatment facility that prepares local lake source for distillery operations
- Wastewater – includes pretreatment of industrial site waste and support of local treatment plant
- Sanitary sewers – includes pump stations, sewer force mains and gravity sewer systems
- Fire protection – responsible for maintenance, testing and ensuring operational status of fire force main and fire monitoring systems
- Liquified natural gas – maintain distribution system throughout multiple facilities on campus for boilers, heating/cooking systems
- Collaborate with COO and other key stakeholders to plan and manage annual shutdowns.
- Manage equipment vendor relationships for ongoing equipment preventative maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Conduct basic PLC programing and instrument troubleshooting.
Operations and Safety
- Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities; champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace accidents.
- Assist site leadership team in meeting site safety objectives and maintaining working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Manage and own the permit program, job hazard assessment process to include risk mitigation and risk elimination.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and in a safe and orderly manner to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Work to eliminate safety hazards and respond quickly to any safety issues.
- Develop, own, and manage maintenance budget to include identifying cost savings and efficiencies.
- Manage maintenance staff effectively to include cost control with payroll, attendance, and performance evaluations.
- Assist with training and development of distillery and maintenance workers including preventative maintenance processes and safety procedures.
- Collaborate with various departments including: production, operations, hospitality, human resources to ensure production needs are met.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the site.
Skills / Experience Required
- 5 to 15 years (minimum of 5) of experience in engineering, manufacturing and/or distillery processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and maintenance processes for campus construction and distillery processes.
- Experience in developing maintenance schedules and managing budgets.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to impress them with a “Wow” factor. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
- Ability to make others feel welcome, through a combination of authenticity, humility, and kindness, and lead by example
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
- Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
- Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Experience with electrical systems, security, and fiber optics a plus.
- Maintenance / mechanic experience, specifically with boilers, chillers, and water treatment processes.
- Knowledge of waste-water treatment processes.
- Knowledge of and management of utilities.
Education Required: Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel, stoop on a regular basis.
- Ability to twist, bend, stretch, and climb up to 20 feet on a ladder on a regular basis.
- Must be able to traverse the distillery/campus quickly.
- No allergies/sensitivities to spirits distilling environment
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org