Website Next Century Spirits
Who we are: Established in Raleigh, NC in 2018, Next Century Spirits blends together traditional techniques and unique finishing technologies to create enhanced distilled spirits. Our patented post distillation filtering and finishing technology creates a tool for the traditional distiller to expand their repertoire of achievable flavors and aromas while improving quality, maintaining consistency, and reducing supply chain issues. This technology allows for tight control over the entire production process, resulting in the ability to create bold and unique flavor customization options for brands to choose from in order to expand product portfolios and fulfill market needs.
Objective: Penetrate the ~7 million case developmental and craft producer spirits market in North America by selling NCS technology to independent distillers and brand owners. Attain 100,000 9L cases from developmental accounts in the next 5 years while maintaining best in class customer service.
Primary Duty: This individual will plan, execute, control, and evaluate activities to launch NCS technology and products in North America through the developmental private brand and small craft distillery markets.
Reporting Line: VP Sales. Initially with no direct reports.
Location: This location will be based in Raleigh, NC.
- Successfully execute the 5-stage selling process (target, engage, pitch, trial, close) with target accounts in the developmental market segment.
- Identify size of the opportunity, key decision makers, and decision-making processes.
- Identify and vet potential customers and qualify in a firm and quick manner through intimate knowledge of NCS product offerings.
- Understand the customer needs, draft solutions, and direct internal work teams.
- Build coalitions and make formal presentations which lead to trials.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation from clients (TIBs, DBA, manufacturing contracts, etc.) and coordinating their transfer to operations/finance.
- Make formal offers, negotiate, and close business.
- Timely communication across disciplines, reporting, and control activities through the appropriate mechanisms.
This Job Might Be For You If:
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you will dig to find it.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- You excel in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where you can make an impact immediately.
- You want to work in an industry that is a ton of fun . . .
Core Competencies: Integrity and Trust, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Learning on the Fly, Perseverance, Understanding Others, Listening, Action Oriented, Functional/Technical Skills, Drive for Results, Teamwork.
Experience: Minimum 5 years successful sales/inside sales/customer service experience, ideally with an alcoholic beverage supplier or distributor. Customer Relationship Management tools proficiency. Experience with packaging components (bottles, labels, closures, corrugate) a plus.
Essential Duties/Demands: Majority of work time based on computer and phone. Working across disciplines (sales, marketing, finance, beverage and business development, and operations). Additionally, trade show participation and hosting customer engagements on site. Position ideally based in Raleigh-Durham, NC.
Potential Customers: List to be developed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com