Website Log Still Distillery
Log Still Distillery in Gethsemane, Nelson County, Kentucky is seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to oversee maintenance of all campus entities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: maintenance of the distillery, overnight accommodation units, venue, amphitheater, tasting room, train station, visitors center, and the restaurant. This candidate must be a strong, results-driven leader, hardworking, resourceful, and have the ability to direct, train, mentor, and manage maintenance programs for the entire campus.
Major Job Responsibilities / Key Duties
- Oversee maintenance programs of campus and distillery.
- Develop and own the preventative maintenance programs including annual shut down and clean outs.
- Collaborate with the Campus Engineer and other key stakeholders to plan and manage annual shutdowns.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, and clean all facility equipment including, but not limited to, mechanical equipment, boilers, chillers, water treatment, air compressors, electrical equipment and digital, pneumatic and manual instruments.
- Conduct basic PLC programing and instrument troubleshooting.
- Basic steam system maintenance and repair.
- Maintain working knowledge of emergency procedures including fire protection system.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations including but not limited to the Environmental Protection Agency and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
- Assist with training and development of distillery and maintenance workers including preventative maintenance processes and safety procedures.
- Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for distillery worker staff.
- Collaborate with various departments including: production, warehousing, hospitality, human resources to ensure production needs are met.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the site.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and in a safe and orderly manner to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Works to eliminate safety hazards and respond quickly to any safety issues.
- Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities; champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace accidents.
- Assist/mentor and serves as a resource for daily maintenance and campus operations.
- Assist site leadership team in meeting site safety objectives.
Skills / Experience Required
- Minimum of five-seven years of experience in manufacturing and/or distillery processes.
- Knowledge of maintenance processes for campus construction and distillery processes to include boilers, and water treatment).
- Experience in developing maintenance schedules and managing budgets.
- Working knowledge of distillery processes.
- Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to impress them with a “Wow” factor. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
- Ability to make others feel welcome, through a combination of authenticity, humility, and kindness, and lead by example
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
- Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
- Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
- Minimum of 5 years of distillery experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, industrial and residential, and plumbing maintenance with some PLC experience.
- Maintenance / mechanic experience, specifically with boilers, chillers, and water treatment processes.
- Experience working as a Maintenance Technician in a distillery environment.
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance, alternate appropriate certifications will be considered.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel, stoop on a regular basis.
- Ability to twist, bend, stretch, and climb up to 20 feet on a ladder on a regular basis.
- Must be able to traverse the distillery/campus quickly.
- No allergies/sensitivities to spirits distilling environment
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com