Website Casey Jones Distillery
Casey Jones Distillery, a small craft spirits distillery operation in Western Kentucky now in our 6th year, is looking for a Production Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone who wants to work in the amazing business of craft distilling, does not mind putting in long hours and managing and working with employees to constantly improve our output. We will hire someone immediately who is a strong leader, motivated and highly organized to help operate and oversee small craft spirits distillation, hand-sanitizer manufacturing, and related activities, building and grounds and other related aspects of our business.
Distillery Production Manager Job Description
We are looking for a Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of goods and related business operations. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output, maintaining grounds and equipment, and related operations.
We expect you to have passion to learn our distilling production and other business operations. While production know-how is preferred, if you are a quick learner in procedures, you should apply. You will need the ability to understand and learn production operations, keep accurate and daily records, maintain equipment and facility, maintain production inventories, direct personnel towards maximum performance to set you apart as a leader we are looking for. Decision-making and problem-solving will be a daily part of your job. Are you up to it? If so, we want to talk to you.
- Report to upper management
- Oversee and work as a partner in production with other employees
- Understand production objectives, processes, and requirements
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Be responsible for production outcomes and deadlines.
- Identify, discuss and work to resolve issues
- Supervise and perform in all aspects of production, and oversee and be responsible for outcomes
- Oversee all staff assigned to performance
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Work with senior administrator to create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Communicate any problems, insights, or obstacles immediately to senior management
- Responsible for organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production, all other equipment, buildings,
- and grounds
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees
- Coordinate changes and be willing to adapt when necessary
- Other related responsibilities
Production Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, or a related field are not required but are a plus.
- Additional degrees or certifications a plus
- Prior experience in project/production management is desired
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to get along with others
- Ability to take instruction, follow directions, ask questions and report to administrator
- Analytical thinking
- Flexible schedule
Casey Jones Distillery is a member of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association and the world-famous Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org