Tasting Room Associate – Huber’s Winery and Starlight Distillery
Website Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery
is a 7th generation family business committed to being the premier agri-tourism family destination in Southern Indiana. With over 550,000 visitors last year to our 650 acre property, Huber’s offers an impressive array of activities for the young and young at heart. Open seven days a week, we offer flexible scheduling, competitive wages, and team member discounts. If you like a fast paced yet casual environment, enjoy working as a team, and can multi-task – then a position at Huber’s might be the place for you!
The Winery Tasting Room Associate (TRA) will be responsible for communicating with our guests on the numerous wine and spirits that Huber’s has to offer. TRA should have a passion for wine / spirits and be open to learning the details of our portfolio. You will also be multi-tasked with helping to stock our wines and non-wine merchandise in the tasting room and be comfortable promoting all Huber products with your proven customer service skills and wine pouring.
- Greet all customers in friendly and welcoming manner
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and distillery and our products
- Completes alcohol server training
- Effectively suggests and sells wine/spirits to customers.
- A promoter and advocate for Huber’s Wine Club. Responsible for understanding the structure, pricing, and benefits to the club membership which will ultimately assist in selling new memberships to Huber guests.
- Comfortable conducting independent tours of the winery & distillery
- Open to working and assisting with special events after hours if needed
- Open to working other special events off property when needed
- Utilize company Point of Sales (POS) system properly
- Process customer purchases efficiently and accurately – performing cash transactions, applying discounts, and processing returns
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines/spirits as needed.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer
- Keep work area clean and have supplies stocked at all times
- Present a neat personal appearance – including Huber team wear and name tag
- Follow all departmental policies/procedures and all company policies as outlined in company handbook
- Other duties as assigned by management; work in a variety of tasting room positions that includes the Starlight Café and taking food orders, back kitchen tasks when needed, and clean-up and organization of guest floor space when needed throughout the day.
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- High school diploma.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Able to work flexible schedule and adjust to seasonal shifts
- Able to push, pull, carry, or lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Able to obtain alcohol serving permit
Statements included in this description may not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the position, or to require that different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Huber’s Orchard, Winery, & Vineyards provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Winery Reports to: Winery Manager
Position Status: Non-exempt Classification: Part time, Seasonal
To apply for this job email your details to ALamb@huberwinery.com