Kason Corporation is the industry-leading global spent grain processing equipment manufacturer that distilleries can count on for efficiency, cost savings, and reducing waste and disposal costs. Our high-performance spent grain dewatering and spent grain drying equipment has helped distilleries of all sizes recycle and repurpose resources through solids removal, screening, dewatering, and drying while improving distillation processes and wastewater management.
Sustainable Distillery Spent Grain Processing Solutions
Kason has an established foothold in the global network of distilleries, providing distillery stillage separation equipment that delivers sustainable and reliable performance.
From low flow rates to those in excess of hundreds of gallons per minute, Kason offers a range of models ideal for small-batch craft distillers and larger production operations alike. Thanks to its cost-effectiveness, ease of use, Quick-Clean design, and smaller footprint, the CENTRI-SIFTER is the equipment of choice for processing stillage and distillery wastewater.
Explore the Kason Blog for more on how one distiller used a Kason sifter to minimize waste disposal costs and make it easier for local farmers to utilize spent grain as nutrient-dense animal feed.
Spent Grain Dewatering
Efficient Processing of Spent Grain Pre- & Post-Distillation
Distillers count on the reliability and innovation of Kason’s CENTRI-SIFTER Centrifugal Dewatering Separators. Our cutting-edge technology minimizes stillage waste and unlocks additional revenue streams, with minimal initial investment and quick returns.
With Kason’s spent grain dewatering solution, you can:
- REDUCE transportation/disposal costs by half
- REUSE proven, dependable technology with proprietary heavy-duty design
- RECYCLE spent grain with 50-60% Moisture Content
- DEWATER Spent grain in minutes, not hours
- CONSERVE energy with low power requirements
- REPEAT: Machine clean-out done in minutes with minimal maintenance
CENTRI-SIFTER: Centrifugal Dewatering Separator
Benefits & Features
- Achieves a final moisture content of 50-60%
- Eliminates costly screen failures
- Handles low flow rates to those in excess of hundreds of gallons per minute, with models for small-batch craft distillers or large-scale production lines
- Stainless steel construction with food-grade finish
- Smaller footprint and optional caster wheels for mobility
- Adjustable tilt stand option for maximum dewatering
Spent Grain Drying
Take Dewatered Spent Grain to the Next Level
Take the next step after dewatering with Kason’s VIBRO-BED Circular Vibratory Fluid Bed Dryer. Further process and dry spent grain for later use in food products or as nutrient-dense additives in animal feed.
With Kason’s spent grain drying solution, you can:
- REDUCE energy consumption
- RECLAIM more value from your waste stream
- REPURPOSE spent grain through fluid bed drying
- UPCYCLE dried spent grain for use in artisanal flours, bakery mixes, shelf-stable grains, animal feed additives, and more
VIBRO-BED: Circular Fluid Bed Dryer
Benefits & Features
- Uniform drying of product
- Compact design with smaller footprint per volume processed
- Efficient energy consumption
- Quick-Clean sanitary design
- Compliance with safety and sanitary standards
- Plug-and-Go: skid-mounted or with caster wheels for rapid installation and mobility
- Low noise
- Explosion-proof options