Charleston Distilling Co. is an independent, small batch distillery making handcrafted spirits for people who care about how things are made. Using only hand-selected grains, we mill, mash, ferment, distill, age, blend, and bottle – bringing the highest quality spirits from the farm to you.
Jasper’s Gin: Farm-Raised, American Style Gin – The taste of gin. Sometimes it’s an acquired one. This is not the gin you’ve had before, but will be the gin that you have again. Jasper’s Gin is made with farm-harvested grains and hand-selected botanicals that stand up to the juniper inherent to the spirit. Bold move. This is the gin to your tonic. Learn more.
Jasper’s Bourbon Barrel Gin – Jasper’s Bourbon Barrel Gin spends 4 months in a used bourbon barrel…the perfect amount of time to mellow and pick up the characteristic sweetness from the barrel’s previous occupant. Floral on the nose with heavy notes of lemongrass and anise, this gin is extremely approachable, and can be enjoyed by itself or in your favorite classic gin cocktail. Learn more.
Tolerance Deeply Rooted. Bark With Bite – Tolerance is an all-natural whiskey liqueur distilled with earthy ginger and a hint of aromatic cinnamon. A liqueur made from bark and root? Keep an open-mind and you’ll taste sweet, spicy heat with each sip. Can you endure? Learn more.
Vesey’s Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A straight, 94 proof wheated bourbon. Learn more.
Calhoun’s Straight Rye Whiskey – A Straight, 100 proof, 100% Wrens Abruzzi Rye made with an American whiskey yeast strain. Learn more.
Carolina Reaper Pepper Flavored Vodka – Our smooth South Carolina corn Vodka is given a fresh infusion of Carolina Reaper peppers, creating the perfect balance of sweet and spicy heat. BRACE YOURSELF. The Carolina Reaper is the world’s hottest pepper. Learn more.
King Charles Vodka Southern Vodka That Reigns – The perfect balance of sweet and peppery. That’s what sets King Charles Vodka apart from the rest. Our farm-milled corn and rye is distilled down to have a clean, crisp finish. Neat, on the rocks or mixed, whichever serving style you prefer, King Charles Vodka reigns true. Learn more.
Calhoun’s Rye Whiskey – A 100% Wrens Abruzzi Rye made with the original malt whiskey yeast strain. A great sipping whiskey or perfect for your favorite rye whiskey cocktail. Learn more.
The best way to get to know more about us is to enjoy a flight of our spirits or cocktail (or two) made from our spirits, take a behind-the-scenes tour of the distillery, or book your next private event with us. We promise you’ll never look at – or taste – spirits the same again. Book a Tour individually or for your group through our Online Reservations System.
- Milling Grain – We begin by selecting the best South Carolina-grown corn, rye, wheat, and millet we can get our hands on. All of our grains are milled on-site in our own Millhouse at Flowers Farm in Summerton, South Carolina, then delivered to our King Street Distillery in the heart of downtown Charleston.
- Mashing – Freshly milled grains are added to carbon-filtered water in our steam heated mash tank. The grains cook over several hours to convert their starches to sugar. This new mash is cooled to the perfect temperature to pitch the yeast and begin the fermentation process.
- Fermenting – The mash is pumped into one of our glycol-cooled fermenters, where it rests for up to a week. This allows the yeast to eat the sugar created during the mashing process and creates the ethanol alcohol.
- Distilling – Now that fermentation is complete, the mash is pumped into one of our custom copper stills. Designed to completely separate the ethanol from the other compounds in the mash, the stills produce a pure, high proof ethanol base.
- Maturation – We barrel-age certain spirits to draw forth the complexities and uniqueness of their ingredients and personalities. We mature our bourbons and ryes in new, American charred white oak barrels, while our Jasper’s Bourbon Barrel Gin spend their time in vintage bourbon barrels to achieve the perfect balance of botanicals and mellow sweetness.