Charleston Distilling Co. is an independent, small batch distillery making handcrafted spirits for people who care about how things are made. Using only hand-selected grains, we mill, mash, ferment, distill, age, blend, and bottle – bringing the highest quality spirits from the farm to you.
Jasper’s Gin: Farm-Raised, American Style Gin – The taste of gin. Sometimes it’s an acquired one. This is not the gin you’ve had before, but will be the gin that you have again. Jasper’s Gin is made with farm-harvested grains and hand-selected botanicals that stand up to the juniper inherent to the spirit. Bold move. This is the gin to your tonic. Learn more.
Jasper’s Bourbon Barrel Gin – Jasper’s Bourbon Barrel Gin spends 4 months in a used bourbon barrel…the perfect amount of time to mellow and pick up the characteristic sweetness from the barrel’s previous occupant. Floral on the nose with heavy notes of lemongrass and anise, this gin is extremely approachable, and can be enjoyed by itself or in your favorite classic gin cocktail. Learn more.
Tolerance Deeply Rooted. Bark With Bite – Tolerance is an all-natural whiskey liqueur distilled with earthy ginger and a hint of aromatic cinnamon. A liqueur made from bark and root? Keep an open-mind and you’ll taste sweet, spicy heat with each sip. Can you endure? Learn more.
Vesey’s Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Aged for a minimum 4 years in White American Oak Barrels. Created from a mash bill of 70% corn, 20% wheat, and 10% rye, this bourbon is fantastic for sipping. Vesey’s Straight Bourbon has notes of maple and dried fruit on the nose carry over into a palate filled with caramel and a pleasant robust oakiness. Finishing off with a slight hint of pepper and baking spices.. Learn more.
Calhoun’s Straight Rye Whiskey – A Straight, 100 proof, 100% Wrens Abruzzi Rye made with an American whiskey yeast strain. Learn more.
Carolina Reaper Pepper Flavored Vodka – Our smooth South Carolina corn Vodka is given a fresh infusion of Carolina Reaper peppers, creating the perfect balance of sweet and spicy heat. BRACE YOURSELF. The Carolina Reaper is the world’s hottest pepper. Learn more.
White Point Vodka – The perfect balance of sweet and peppery. That’s what sets White Point Vodka apart from the rest. Our farm-milled corn and rye is distilled down to have a clean, crisp finish. Neat, on the rocks or mixed, whichever serving style you prefer, White Point Vodka reigns true. Learn more.
Calhoun’s Rye Whiskey – A 100% Wrens Abruzzi Rye made with the original malt whiskey yeast strain. A great sipping whiskey or perfect for your favorite rye whiskey cocktail. Learn more.
The best way to get to know more about us is to enjoy a flight of our spirits or cocktail (or two) made from our spirits, take a behind-the-scenes tour of the distillery, or book your next private event with us. We promise you’ll never look at – or taste – spirits the same again. Book a Tour individually or for your group through our Online Reservations System.
- Milling Grain –We begin by selecting the best South Carolina grain that we can find and mill it on site.
- Mashing –The milled grain is added to water in our mash tanks. We use two mash tanks in series, one to liquify and the other for saccharification. It is then crash cooled to get ready for fermentation.
- Fermenting –The mash is added to the fermentation tank along with the yeast. The yeast converts the sugars we created into alcohol. After 3-5 days, the yeast has consumed all the sugars in fermentation and this ‘distillers beer’ is around 10% alcohol.
- Distilling –Inside the still, the mash is heated to the point where the alcohol turns to vapor. The vapor is carried through the columns to the condenser, where it is turned back into a liquid. The more times this is done, the higher the alcohol percentage will be.
- Maturation – We mature the whiskeys and rum in our non-temperature controlled rick house, the barrels are able to breathe and the wood interacts with the spirit to add flavor, color, and texture.
Contact Charleston Distilling Co.
NOTE: Reopening in Johns Island December 2019.