The Old Fashioned is a classic bourbon whiskey cocktail. Today we share three must-try recipes that are sure to have you seeing smoke and smelling bacon. Bacon, need I say more? These recipes come to us from award winning chef, restaurateur and author, Michael Symon.
1) Sweet & Smoky Old Fashioned
- 1 1/2 Parts Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Part Madeira
- 1/4 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 3 Dashes Chocolate Bitters
- Candied Bacon for Garnish
- Add sugar, curry powder and chocolate bitters to a rocks glass and muddle.
- Add all other ingredients, then add ice, stir and garnish with candied bacon.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for our Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
2) Mulled Old Fashioned
- 2 parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
- 1/3 part Mulled Demerara Syrup
- 4 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- Orange Peel
- Add Bourbon, mulled Demerara Syrup and Bitters in a rocks glass with ice.
- Stir and add an orange peel for garnish.
Mulled Demerara Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Mulling Spice
- 2 Cups Water
- Demerara Sugar
- Dissolve 2 tsp. of Mulling Spice in 2 cups of water.
- Add Demerara Sugar and stir over heat until completely dissolved and set aside.
3) Roasted Old Fashioned
- 2 Parts Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
- 1 Part Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth*
- 4 Dashes of Angostura® Bitters
- 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
- Coffee Bean
- Add Bourbon, Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth, Angostura® Bitters and orange bitters into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Stir mixture and strain into a Coupe glass.
- Finish with freshly grated coffee bean as garnish.
Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth
- Fresh Vanilla Bean
- 1 750ml Bottle of Sweet Vermouth
- Drop fresh vanilla bean into a bottle of Sweet Vermouth.
- Set aside and let sit 24 hours.