The Old Fashioned is a classic bourbon whiskey cocktail. Today we share three must-try recipes that are sure to have you seeing smoke and smelling bacon. Bacon, need I say more? These recipes come to us from award winning chef, restaurateur and author, Michael Symon.
- 1 1/2 Parts Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Part Madeira
- 1/4 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 3 Dashes Chocolate Bitters
- Candied Bacon for Garnish
- Add sugar, curry powder and chocolate bitters to a rocks glass and muddle.
- Add all other ingredients, then add ice, stir and garnish with candied bacon.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for our Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 2 parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
- 1/3 part Mulled Demerara Syrup
- 4 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- Orange Peel
- Add Bourbon, mulled Demerara Syrup and Bitters in a rocks glass with ice.
- Stir and add an orange peel for garnish.
Mulled Demerara Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Mulling Spice
- 2 Cups Water
- Demerara Sugar
- Dissolve 2 tsp. of Mulling Spice in 2 cups of water.
- Add Demerara Sugar and stir over heat until completely dissolved and set aside.
- 2 Parts Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
- 1 Part Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth*
- 4 Dashes of Angostura® Bitters
- 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
- Coffee Bean
- Add Bourbon, Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth, Angostura® Bitters and orange bitters into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Stir mixture and strain into a Coupe glass.
- Finish with freshly grated coffee bean as garnish.
Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth
- Fresh Vanilla Bean
- 1 750ml Bottle of Sweet Vermouth
- Drop fresh vanilla bean into a bottle of Sweet Vermouth.
- Set aside and let sit 24 hours.