Back in 2007 the late U.S. Senator Jim Bunning helped to pass a resolution declaring September as ‘National Bourbon Heritage Month‘. It was that same resolution that first introduced the world to the phrase ‘America’s Native Spirit’.
Resolved, That the Senate—
(1) designates September 2007 as “National Bourbon Heritage Month”;
(2) recognizes bourbon as “America’s Native Spirit” and reinforces its heritage and tradition and its place in the history of the United States; and
(3) recognizes the contributions of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to the culture of the United States.
2020 Kentucky Bourbon Festival to Take Place Over 5 Days
The Kentucky Bourbon Festival leadership team has announced that next year’s festival will take place Wednesday, September 16 through Sunday, September 20, 2020. The Festival which draws novice and experienced Bourbon lovers to Bardstown, Kentucky the Bourbon Capital of the World will celebrate the storied history of distilling America’s native spirit during National Bourbon Heritage Month.
Few details were provided but Festival organizers say that they will continue to host signature events in 2020 in addition to new guest experiences.
Typical Kentucky Bourbon Festival activities include the following events.
- Free tours of the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
- Educational Classes on the Science of Bourbon
- The World Championship Barrel Relay Race
- The Master Distiller’s Auction of Vintage items and bottles of bourbon
- The Great Bourbon Tasting & Cocktail Party
- Numerous one of a kind tours at Bardstown’s famous distillery’s.
- The All-Star Bourbon Sampler
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
“Each event for the 2019 Festival year outsold the events in 2018” says Josh Hollifield of Barton 1792 Distillery and Kentucky Bourbon Festival Chairman. “What that says is, as a whole, our Festival attendees and friends of the industry are as engaged as ever – we’re keeping that momentum in 2020 and for the years to come.”
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
Tickets for the 2020 Kentucky Bourbon Festival will be made available for purchase during the summer of 2020.