Tasting Room Manager — Southern Distilling Company
Website Southern Distilling Company
Southern Distilling Company is a family-owned company based in Statesville, North Carolina, whose rich distilling heritage dates back to 1750. A high-capacity production craft distillery, Southern Distilling Company offers cost competitive contract distilling services, including bulk spirits production of custom mash bill non-GMO whiskeys, rums & agave spirits, batching and blending of specialties and liqueurs, as well as, barrel warehousing & co-packaging, in a state-of-the-art, grain-to-glass distillery that is both rooted in heritage and committed to innovation.
The destination distillery offers Tours & Tastings, Monday-Saturday, 10:00-6:00, highlighting the production of their award-winning premium bourbons, rye whiskeys, and liqueurs.
Required Availability: Saturday hours are required. This is a full-time position averaging 40+ hours a week.
Must have an energetic personality and the ability to multi-task. Strive to make every customer contact a dedicated fan of Southern Distilling Company and Southern Star Whiskeys and Liqueurs. Provide exemplary customer service to all Southern Distilling Company customers. Provide a safe and friendly culture among employees.
Responsible for management of Tasting Room, including the Cocktail Bar. This includes staff management, merchandising, inventory control, VIP/Client tours, event planning and marketing. Successful candidate must have professional communication skills, ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, an outgoing and energetic personality, and ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (weekends, holidays, and evenings).
Help make Southern Distilling a must-visit destination for travelers and locals alike.
- Ensure that each guest has a perfect experience – and pass this along to staff
- Be fully knowledgeable about the distilling process and be able to lead tours and train staff accordingly
- Resolve guest concerns
- Manage Employees
- Hire, train and manage staff
- Human Resources
- Oversee daily opening and closing procedures
- Inventory Control
- Managing purchasing and replenishment of merchandise
- Control pricing and POS management
- Manage money flow
- Plan and execute events both on and off premise
- Staff events accordingly
- Properly take care of special guests and VIP’s with personalized tours, etc.
- Cocktail Bar
- Oversee daily set up and break down of bar
- Create checklists for both
- Maintain inventory
- Track sales and costs
- Create cocktails for the season
- Train staff on how to make cocktails and be consistent
- Attend weekly management meetings
- Marketing / Events
- Oversee marketing to bring in a diverse customer base
- Social Media
- Media interviews, press releases, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in one of the following areas:
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with both internally and externally, including customers, employees, vendors, etc.
- Must have a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Experience in retail and staff management
- Experience in hospitality/bar environment
- No smoking allowed on premises