Dilemma! What do you do with all the leftover food from Easter? Solution! Make a boozy milkshake! I am currently obsessed with boozy milkshakes and this combo is amazing. The spiciness from the carrot cake blends so well with the bourbon! I honestly could not believe how good, no how AWESOME this milkshake turned out.
I ended up serving small glasses of this concoction to my guests for a boozy dessert yesterday. We had so much carrot cake left over from a baby shower on Saturday that I came up with this recipe! What is so tasty about this is the cream cheese icing in the shake! If this doesn’t make your day fabulous I don’t know what will!
Recipe: Carrot Cake Bourbon Shake
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 4 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream (one saved to add as a garnish)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- ½ cup of chopped up carrot cake plus more for garnish
Garnish: chopped carrot cake
- In a blender combine bourbon, ice cream, milk, and carrot cake
- Blend until desired consistency
- Note: add more ice cream if mixture is too thin or more milk if it is too thick
- Pour blended mixture into serving glass
- Top with additional ice cream scoop