I am so excited to share this green and delicious take on a Bloody Mary. The Green Patrick is a cocktail that was originally made to drink on St. Patricks Day but it can be enjoyed any time of year your in the mood for a green drink. Seriously, this green Bloody Mary has a lot of vitamins in it and will make you feel fully recovered after a big night out.
It’s basically green juice minus the kale and the addition of vodka! It has roasted tomatillos which are so good in combination with the cucumber and parsley. So, share with friends and drink this tangy boozy Green Partrick.
The Green Patrick – A Green Twist on the Bloody Mary
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 4 ounces of vodka
- 5 tomatillos, quartered and peeled from husk
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon of white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of green olive juice
- 4 green olives (2 used for the garnish)
- ½ tablespoon green jalapeño hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon of seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- ½ English cucumber, peeled (extra for garnish)
- 2 limes, juiced (optional: extra lime for garnish)
- 1 jalapeño, quartered (optional: extra jalapeño for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ice
Garnish: Olives, jalapeños, lime and cucumber
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and toss tomatillos with salt and olive oil
- Place tomatillos on a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes
- After tomatillos are roasted let them cool
- In a blender combine vodka, tomatillos, olive juice, horseradish, black/white pepper, olive juice, olives, jalapeño hot sauce, jalapeños, cucumber, parsley, vinegar and lime juice.
- Blend mixture until all ingredients have been combined
- Fill two glasses completely with ice then add green mixture
Yields: 2 servings
Please help to support Distillery Trail. Sign up for our Newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.