The newly opened Lux Row Distillers in Bardstown, Kentucky, the Bourbon Capital of the World, recently had its ribbon cutting and grand opening and now it’s officially part of the world famous Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Lux Row is the 13th member to become a part of the Trail. In addition to the lucky 13, there are several other craft distilleries that make up the Trail as well. The complete list of Kentucky Bourbon Trail and Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour members is included below.
The announcement comes as the popular tourist attraction, created in 1999 by the Kentucky Distillers’ Association, continues to expand across the Commonwealth with distillery destinations hosting more than one million visits for the second year in a row in 2017.
“The Kentucky Bourbon Trail tour offers a variety unique and authentic experiences to visitors,” Kentucky Distillers’ Association President Eric Gregory said. “Lux Row has made a tremendous investment in an exceptional facility that beautifully showcases the timeless values and rich tradition of Kentucky Bourbon.”
We agree with this statement from Gregory. When you arrive at the property and take a ride up the meandering driveway lined with oak trees, it makes for a pretty spectacular first impression.
“Donn and Michele Lux have poured their hearts and souls into this experience and it shows in every last detail,” Gregory said. “We applaud their commitment to our legendary craft, and we thank them for all their efforts in securing Kentucky as the one true, authentic home of Bourbon.”
Lux Row opened its doors to the public with a lively ribbon-cutting ceremony in April which featured Kentucky United Pipes and Drums marching band and hosted over 450 employees and invited guests from around the world. You can watch most of the celebration here in this video from the grand opening. Did we mention bagpipes? And did we mention they played, “My Old Kentucky Home”?
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
“We are thrilled, and extremely proud, to be a part of the iconic Kentucky Bourbon Trail and to welcome visitors from all over the world to tour our distillery and experience our award-winning Bourbon brands,” said Donn Lux, Chairman and CEO of Luxco.
“The Bourbon community has been incredibly welcoming of our family into theirs and we feel right at home here in Bardstown.”
Adam Johnson, Senior Director of the KDA’s Kentucky Bourbon Trail® program said, “Bardstown’s authentic, small-town charm, growing culinary scene and significant investment in Bourbon tourism have greatly enhanced the distillery visitor experience in the area.”
“Lux Row is another world-class attraction that adds to Bardstown’s Bourbon legacy and must-stop status for the Bourbon lover,” Johnson said. “We’re proud and honored to welcome them to our iconic amber adventure.”
Lux Row Distillers is the home of Luxco’s Bourbon brands, including Rebel Yell, Blood Oath, David Nicholson and Ezra Brooks Kentucky Straight Bourbons.
Kentucky Bourbon Trail – Established 1999
- Angel’s Envy Distillery, Louisville
- Bulleit’s Stitzel-Weller Distillery, Louisville
- Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, Louisville
- Four Roses Distillery, Lawrenceburg and Cox’s Creek
- Heaven Hill Distillery, Bardstown
- Jim Beam Distillery, Clermont
- Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse, Louisville
- Lux Row Distillers, Bardstown
- Maker’s Mark Distillery, Loretto
- Old Forester Distillery, Louisville
- O.Z. Tyler Distillery, Owensboro
- Town Branch Distillery, Lexington
- Wild Turkey Distillery, Lawrenceburg
- Woodford Reserve Distillery, Versailles
The Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour – Established 2012
- Barrel House Distillery, Lexington
- Bluegrass Distillers, Lexington
- Boone County Distilling, Richmond
- Corsair Distillery, Bowling Green
- Hartfield & Co. Distillery, Paris
- Jeptha Creed Distillery, Shelbyville
- Kentucky Artisan Distillery, Crestwood
- Kentucky Peerless Distillery, Louisville
- Limestone Branch Distillery, Lebanon
- MB Roland Distillery, Pembroke
- New Riff Distillery, Newport
- Old Pogue Distillery, Maysville
- Wilderness Trail Distillery, Danville
- Willett Distillery, Bardstown
There are now 39 companies operating 52 distilleries in Kentucky making 6.8 million barrels of aging Bourbon – all modern records. Distillers also paid a record $19.2 million last year in barrel taxes that fund critical local programs such as education, public safety and health.
Sun Shines Bright on Grand Opening for the New Kentucky Home of Lux Row Distillers [Video]
New Distillery from Luxco Coming to Kentucky Bourbon Trail
Luxco Unveils New Kentucky Distillery Name as Construction Continues
A Day on the Trail: A Behind the Scenes Tour of Lux Row Distillers Construction Site [Photos]
From Show Me State to Bourbon Capital of the World, Lux Row Distillers Joins the Kentucky Distillers’ Association