Website Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery
Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery has an immediate opening for a Food & Beverage Director.
The Food & Beverage Director is responsible for overseeing the aspects of the Starlight Café and craft bar service including menu planning, food costs, signature cocktail recipes using Huber’s wines and Starlight Distillery spirits, and adherence to necessary quality and safety standards.
- Work hands-on with all winery personnel including service staff, kitchen staff, and assistant managers
- Manage daily operations including service staff duties, assist the management team, communicate with customers to gauge their level of satisfaction, and complete opening & closing procedures
- Communicate with all levels of Huber’s Orchard & Winery’s leadership team about bar & kitchen responsibilities and changes
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to ensure the best profit for bar & kitchen
- Handle budget for bar & kitchen, maintain financial records, and identify KPI’s
- Report to Executive Leadership regarding sales and productivity
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards
- Maintain professional demeaner in high-stress situations
- Plan, coordinate, and manage bar & kitchen departments during special events
- Collaborate with the Wine & Spirits Retail Director on any marketing materials that may be needed for menu items or signature cocktails
- Oversee and maintain brand standards within the bar & kitchen, and ensure they are consistent with other areas of Huber’s Orchard & Winery
- Additional responsibilities during peak season include assisting the Wine & Spirits Retail Director with set-up, maintenance, and staff scheduling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and team mentality
- Effective management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Organizational skills
- Read, write, and speak English to communicate with employees and customers in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Complete a variety of tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Delegate tasks to appropriate team members.
- Work flexible schedule and adjust to seasonal shifts
- Push, pull, carry, or lift up to 50 pounds
- Walk or stand for up to 8 hours
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of wines and distilled spirits
- 2+ years of restaurant management experience
- 2+ years of bartending experience with focus on craft cocktails
- 2+ years of experience in the hospitality industry
- Food Service Managers Certification
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or any related major
- Strong knowledge of wines and distilled spirits
- Retail, food service, and bar service environment
- 5-6 days per week depending on season
- Required to work evening and weekend hours
- Hours vary based on season and events schedule
Statements included in this description may not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the position, or to require that different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Huber’s Orchard, Winery, & Vineyards provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.