The folks at Huber’s Orchard, Winery and Distillery have been working the same land from more than 175 years now. This plot of land has been passed down from family to family not just as a job but as a way of life. Over the years they’ve grown to add a winery and distillery. In this latest cocktail they use liquids from both the winery and distillery to make this simple, classic cocktail.
This classic mixes straight bourbon, some tart lemon, sweet syrup and gets topped off with a little bit of color from the wine.
- 2 oz. Carl T. Indiana Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- ¾ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. Huber Winery Chambourcin Wine (Provides a mix of red raspberry, cherry and spicy oak aromas.)
- Add Carl T Bourbon, lemon juice, and simple to an ice filled shaker
- Shake for 30 seconds
- Strain into an ice filled rocks glass
- Hold a spoon rounded side up over the glass and slowly pour the Chambourcin wine over it, creating a “float” of red wine
Learn more about Huber’s Starlight Distillery.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.