I have finally officially lost my mind when it comes to boozy milkshakes. Yes, today I have blended caramel corn, sweet and spicy hazelnuts, vanilla bean ice cream, and bourbon. This milkshake is for someone who has a sweet tooth or who is obsessed with caramel corn like me! The weather has been slightly toasty so I have been craving ice cream.
The reason I love boozy shakes is that they combine your favorite dessert with your favorite booze. This way you can have a sweet treat spiked with booze. In this case you are getting the whole package which includes spicy, sweet, and boozy goodness. The addition of the caramel drizzle just adds a decadent flavor that sends this boozy shake over the top!
This would be a fun milkshake to serve in shooters at a dinner party for a kicked up after dinner dessert. How cute would individual mini shakes be with caramel corn and caramel drizzle on top? I would seriously lose it if this was served to me as a dessert!
Recipe: Caramel Corn Bourbon Milkshake
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 4 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¾ cup of caramel corn (1/2 cup for shake and ¼ cup for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons of sweet and spicy hazelnuts (you could also use pecans, walnuts, or peanuts) (1 teaspoon for shake and 1 teaspoon for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce for garnish
Garnish: caramel sauce drizzle, caramel corn, and hazelnuts
- In a blender combine vanilla bean ice cream, milk, bourbon, ½ cup of the caramel corn, and 1 teaspoon of hazelnuts.
- Blend until desired consistency
- Note: add more ice cream if mixture is too thin or more milk if it too thick
- Pour blended mixture into serving glass
- Top with caramel sauce drizzle
- Garnish with caramel corn and hazelnuts
Yields: 1 Serving