ADI 2020 In-person Conference & Vendor Expo Makes Decision to Switch to 4 Day Virtual Event
The annual American Distilling Institute Conference & Vendor Expo has been a regular occurrence for the craft spirits industry since 2004. Back then, there were still very few states that had distilleries. Today the industry is changing the world with nearly 2,000 craft spirits distilleries across the U.S. offering thousands of products and at least one operating distillery in every state.
American Distilling Institute – ADI was originally scheduled to be in New Orleans, Louisiana on April 8-11. As the COVID-19 pandemic spread throughout the country and states started shutting down the conference got bumped to July 14-16. As many states are still struggling to reopen the leadership at ADI has decided for the first time in its history to switch to a virtual event format. The virtual event will run over four days from July 14 through 17, 2020.
In a statement ADI said, “Ultimately public health and the safety of our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, staff and volunteers led to a broad consensus that this was the right course of action.”
“The inaugural ADI Conference back in 2004 was launched with the goal of supporting craft distillers. Our aim now with the 2020 ADI Virtual Craft Spirits Conference and Vendor Expo remains the same, ‘We will continue to lead the craft distilling industry forward, despite these unprecedented times, by transitioning our educational breakout sessions, expo floor, panel discussions, networking opportunities and more into a unique, virtual event that members can participate in from the safety of their own locations.'”
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
What’s the Cost to Attend ADIs 2020 Virtual Event? ‘Pay What You Can’
The in-person event normally costs several hundred dollars but with the move to virtual ADI has taken a brave approach to the entry fee in order to get as many people as possible to participate. ADI said the 2020 Virtual Conference will feature “’Pay what you can’ registration. Times are tough. We get it.”
2020 ADI Conference & Vendor Expo 4 Day Agenda
Here is a partial listing of some of the events that participants can expect at this first craft spirits virtual expo July 14-17, 2020.
- Keynote address July 14th, 1pm EST – Dr. Anne Brock, Master Distiller of Bombay Gin is the scheduled keynote speaker. Dr. Brock has become a widely respected and influential force in the gin community worldwide, and was recently designated Grand Rectifier of The Gin Guild.
- 4 days of education, July 14-16 for our annual ADI Conference, July 17 for the Rum Summit
- Educational sessions will be streamed from 12pm – 4pm EST
- Visit the expo floor to view and download spec sheets, photos and videos of the products, connect with our sponsors and exhibitors
- Connect with fellow attendees via private video chats and appointments on your own time
- Visitors can connect from via computer, tablet or mobile phone
ADI says the app will be available to all attendees to continue learning and connecting with exhibitors after the event.
2021 ADI Conference & Vendor Expo
Assuming the world is back on its proper or new axis the 2021 ADI Conference & Vendor Expo is scheduled to take place in Louisville, Kentucky, March 30-31, 2021. We sincerely look forward to seeing you all there!