I love this time of the year because all the seasonal cocktails come out in full force. One of my holiday favorites is eggnog made with bourbon.
The best eggnog moments are warming up near the fire and sipping on this boozy treat. Each year I try to make a new version of the classic bourbon recipe. This year I made a salted caramel version that is sweet, salty, and comfort in a glass. Are you looking to put a spin on the traditional eggnog cocktail? Amp up your game and get cozy with your eggnog. Happy Holidays!
Stay Informed: Sign up here for our Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
Salted Caramel Maker’s 46 Eggnog
- 3 ounces of Maker’s 46
- 2.5 ounces of milk
- 2.5 ounces of heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces of sugar
- 2 ounces of caramel plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Separate eggs and beat yolks until creamy
- Whip sugar into the yolks
- Beat whites until they stand in peaks, adding additional sugar if needed
- Beat yolks and Maker’s 46 together then add whites
- Beat cream
- Add cream and milk to mixture
- Divide the caramel sauce and add to the bottom of each serving glass
- Pour in eggnog and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to each glass; stir mixture
- Garnish finished cocktail with whip cream, caramel sauce, and a pinch of salt
Serves: 2 Humans or approximately 20 Elves depending on their mood