Andrea Marie Wilson is a distinguished distilled spirits industry veteran. Wilson currently serves as Executive Vice President, General Manager and Master of Maturation at Michter’s Distillery in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2009, she became the first woman to chair the Kentucky Distillers’ Association (KDA) Board of Directors.
Andrea was born in Louisville, Kentucky, and as a child she would listen attentively to her grandfather recount stories about his moonshining days.
She graduated from the University of Louisville with a Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, and she went on to earn a Master of Engineering, Chemical Engineering there as well. In fact, in 2018, The JB Speed School of Engineering honored Andrea with its Professional Award in Chemical Engineering.
Andrea had a distinguished career at Diageo, where she rose to Director of Distillation and Maturation, North America. She played a critical role in managing the production of Bulleit Bourbon during a period of tremendous growth, and she worked to secure the approval and planning of the Bulleit Distillery in Shelby County, Ky. Additionally, she worked to share the rich history that would ultimately support the redesign of Stitzel Weller into the showpiece that it is today. In 2010, Andrea received the Diageo President’s Spirit of Supply Hero Award for Brilliant Execution.
Upon joining Michter’s in 2014, Andrea embarked on a series of roles at the company. Having done work essential to the growth at Michter’s Shively Distillery, Andrea took on key roles in establishing Michter’s Fort Nelson Distillery and the company’s Farm and Operations in Springfield. Currently Andrea does outstanding work as Michter’s Master of Maturation and Chief Operating Officer as well. Incidentally, we are unaware of any Master of Maturation in Kentucky prior to Andrea being named one.
Since 2005, Andrea has served as either a board member or an alternate board member of the KDA. In 2009 Andrea broke the glass ceiling when she became the first woman to chair the KDA.
Different organizations have called upon Andrea to help them, and she has been recognized for her service. Andrea worked as a member of the Frazier Museum Task Force for the development of the new Kentucky Bourbon Trail Welcome Center and the Spirit of Kentucky Exhibition. In 2004 Andrea was nominated for The Business and Professional Women Young Careerist Award. The KET documentary Kentucky Bourbon Tales: Distilling the Family Business highlighted Andrea, and in 2018 the Bourbon Women Association honored her with its Lois Mateus Networking Award.
Andrea resides in Fisherville, Kentucky with her wonderful husband Randy Wilson and three cats.
Watch the Entire 2022 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- The Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Inducts its 20th Class with Lots of Laughter and Few Tears [Video Part 1]
- The 2022 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Welcomes Old Rip Van Winkle’s Julian P. Van Winkle, III [Video Part 3]
- The 2022 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Welcomes Rabbit Hole Distillery Founder Kaveh Zamanian [Video Part 4]
- The 2022 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Welcomes Spirits Industry Supporter Representative Chad McCoy [Video Part 5]
- The 2022 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Welcomes Founder of the Congressional Bourbon Caucus John Yarmuth [Video Part 6]
- 2022 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award Goes to Kentucky Artisan’s Stephen Thompson [Video Part 7]
- Founder of Kentucky Artisan Distillery and Former President of Brown-Forman Distilleries Steve Thompson has Passed Away