This is a repeating eventjuly 15, 2019 9:00 am
Roll up your sleeves, and make some bourbon with us. This day-long production workshop combines classroom instruction, hands-on bourbon distilling, and sensory
Roll up your sleeves, and make some bourbon with us. This day-long production workshop combines classroom instruction, hands-on bourbon distilling, and sensory activities for professionals in the bourbon making industry as well as advanced enthusiasts. Instruction includes thorough analysis of the individual components of the distillate and the production process, as well as an examination of standards of identity, the science of aging and batching, and bourbon’s relationship to other whiskeys.
- Day-long workshop
- Classroom instruction and demonstrations
- Hands-on production in distillery
- Sensory activities
To provide an overview of the bourbon making production process, along with the tools and techniques to further participants’ study and understanding of bourbon, its production, and aging science.
- Students will be able to list the standards of identity for whiskey and for bourbon, and be able to identify the differences between the two distillates.
- Students will be able to explain the basic science of the distillation process.
- Students will be able to define and explain the different bourbon classifications and Bottled in Bond, and be able to identify bourbons belonging to each class.
- Students will build sensory recognition of the individual components of bourbon, from grains to congeners.
- Students will understand the aging and batching processes of bourbon and the impact on the final product.
Tuition: $500.00 USD
- All class-related materials
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments
Still Have Questions? Ready to Get Started?
Contact: Christin Head | 502.301.8139
View all Moonshine University Courses here.
(Monday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Moonshine University, Louisville, KY
Distilled Spirits Epicenter, 801 South 8th Street, Louisville, KY 40203, United States