A couple of years ago I went to Argentina and fell in love with the amazing substance of dulce de leche. Where has this been my whole life? Boy, I have been missing out on this sweet treat for sure! So, I recently ran into my boyfriend (dulce de leche) at the local market and had to take him home with me. I decided to pair this sweetness with my other favorite treat chocolate covered pretzels. The pretzels balance out the sweetness with a salty addition, which also complements the wonderful spiciness of the bourbon.
All in all I really need a shake up in my weekday to make it to the weekend. Let’s shake up this thirsty weekday with a dessert inspired treat!
Recipe: Pretzel Dulce De Leche Bourbon Shake
- 2 ounces of Bourbon
- 4 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 tablespoon of dulce de leche
- 2 ounces of milk
- 5 chocolate covered pretzels plus more for garnish
Garnish: chocolate covered pretzels
- In a blender combine bourbon, ice cream, dulce de leche, milk, and chocolate covered pretzels
- Blend until desired consistency
- Note: add more ice cream if mixture is too thin or more milk if it is too thick
- Pour blended mixture into serving glass