The Distilled Spirits Council reports that since 2002, tequila volumes have grown 121%, an average of 5.8% per year. In 2016 alone, 15.9 million 9-liter cases were sold.
UPDATE: The “Zircón Azul” brand has been SOLD.
If you are interested in future offerings please Email: Info@DistilleryTrail.com and we’ll keep you informed as opportunities arise.
“Tequila fits nicely in this consumer trend with the many sophisticated sipping tequilas in the marketplace today. Tequila is no longer only associated with celebrations such as Cinco de Mayo or enjoyed in pre-batched frozen margaritas at a beach bar,” according to Distilled Spirits Council Director of Public Relations Kelley McDonough.
Great Time to be in the Tequila Market
Zircón Azul Tequila which originates from the volcanic highlands of Mexico has an age long uniqueness of taste and standard. The main ingredient, the Weber Blue Agave plant is naturally grown and processed in a careful and perfected distillation process which produces different varieties of unique Zircón Azul Tequila.
Three Tequila Offerings
Zircón Azul Plata Tequila – Awarded the Silver Medal at The Polished Palate’s Spirit of Mexico 2011 Tasting Competition, Tequila Zircón Azul Plata (or “Silver”) is made from select Agave plants grown with family pride in Arandas, Jalisco. This 100% Agave spirit is aged in white oak barrels and filtered to eliminate the white oak flavor and color.
Zircón Azul Reposado Tequila – Awarded the Silver Medal at The Polished Palate’s Spirit of Mexico 2011 Tasting Competition, Tequila Zircón Azul Reposado is made from select hand-harvested Agave plants grown naturally with family pride in Arandas, Jalisco. This 100% Agave Reposado is hand-poured into once used white oak whiskey barrels for a minimum of 8 – 12 months (2 – 6 months is typical of most Reposados). As a result of the aging process, the tequila takes on an amber hue and is then poured by hand in a unique artisan blue glass bottle.
Zircón Azul Anejo Tequila – The word Anejo translates into the word “old” or in the case of tequila, “aged.” The Zircón Azul Anejo Tequila is triple distilled then aged in once used oak whiskey barrels for three years. Anejo Tequila is only required to aged one year, so this technically makes it an “Extra Anejo.” Zircón Azul Anejo is smooth and easy and reminds you its extra time spent in oak, but in a subtle get to know you kind of way. Zircón Azul Anejo’s structure and flavors define a good Anejo Tequila while keeping it approachable for both novice and expert Añejo drinkers.
Summary of Zircón Azul Tequila Brand Offering
For over 100 years, Jaime Co. in Mexico has been growing the blue agave plant from which they use in producing the distilled alcoholic beverage for the tequila industry and they are committed to continuously using the family historic recipe to maintain its renowned quality. Jamie Co has operational license from Alcoholic Board of California, Oregon Liquor Control Commission and Washington State Alcoholic Board. They also hold an open and non-limit license for importing any product into the U.S. from Mexico.
- The brand name “Zircón Azul” tequila (established 2005)
- Jaime Co. has been in the production and growing of high-end Agave for the tequila industry for over 100 years.
- Jaime Co. will commit to ensuring consistent quality by using the family historic recipe.
- Jaime Co. is an established successful operation from the Jaime family Agave fields to Arandas Distillery then on to transport to the U.S. / Mexico border (handled by a broker for M.J. Co.) and on to a bonded warehouse in L.A. Calif. Then on to a Winston (via Sprinter Trucking and storage) warehouse (sanctioned by OLCC)
- Jaime Co. (and O’Sullivan Dist.) is Licensed for operation by ABC (Alcoholic Board of Calif.), OLCC and Washington State Alcoholic Board.
- Manuel Jaime (owner and sole proprietor) of M.J. Co. and Dean Sullivan (vice president of M.J. Co. and president of O’Sullivan Distributing) will commit to staying on as a consulting service and a contact between the purchaser and the Jaime family for a length of time to be negotiated along with a fee for the service.
- M.J. Company also holds an open/non-limit license for importing any product into the U.S. from Mexico and can offer assistance if requested.
Terms, $450,000 for the sale of M.J. Company that includes the total U.S. and Mexico inventory that equals 3,750 cases of tequila. Supply Contract for a negotiated time frame.
Inquiry for Sale
If you would like more information about acquiring this tequila company, please contact Lenny Gotter, Distilled Spirits Consultant and Co-Founder of Eastside Distilling Company at 503-358-6552 or email at LennyGotter@gmail.com or visit his website here.
Ready to Start Your Tequila Dream?
Contact: Lenny Gotter
Americans Love Tequila: Super Premium Volumes Have Skyrocketed 706%
Diageo to Acquire George Clooney’s 3 Year Old Tequila Company for $1 Billion
What is BrandScape? BrandScape is a way for product and service suppliers to talk directly to our audience. If you would like to learn more about BrandScape, please email Info@DistilleryTrail.com.