St. Patrick’s Day is upon us. It’s time to get yourself prepared and make sure you have all the right spirits and ingredients on hand to entertain your guests. If you’re looking for ideas on what to serve, we are here to help. Here are 12 fantastic St. Patrick’s Day drinks to get your juices flowing.
The Chicago River Has Been Turning Green for More Than 50 Years
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
A Few St. Patrick’s Day Factoids to Get You Started
- Was St. Patrick Irish? Nope, he was born in Roman Britain. He was captured as a boy and brought to Ireland as a slave, but later escaped. He came back to Ireland, converting the Irish people to Christianity.
- When did they first start turning the Chicago River green? 1962.
- How many pounds of dye does it take to turn the Chicago River green? 40 lbs. and it lasts about 5 hours.
- How much do people spend on St. Patrick’s Day? Approximately, $4.14 Billion with a B.
- How many people visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral in NYC each year? 5.5 Million. (Go visit, it’s beautiful!)
- Where was the 1st Patrick’s Day Parade held? Ireland of course. Nope, it was Boston in 1737.
All 12 St. Patrick’s Day recipes are in the infographic below. Now you can mix, shake, stir and enjoy to your green hearts content. You can also click here to see the St. Patrick’s Day infographic full size. Enjoy!