Bourbon, America’s Native Spirit, can be made in all 50 U.S. states but there is one state that started the whiskey festival craze and that is Bardstown, Kentucky and the Kentucky Bourbon Festival. The Kentucky Bourbon Festival began in 1991 as a Bourbon tasting and dinner, and has grown tremendously over the past years.
Now, with less than 50 days until the Festival begins on September 16 they are releasing a limited number of tickets for premium events that go on sale Monday, August 1 at 11am. Get those keyboards ready because these events are sure to sell out fast.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
The Kentucky Bourbon Festival attracts people from all over the world. According to Festival President and COO Randy Prasse this years event has already sold tickets to bourbon fans from all 50 states plus several countries. In fact, nearly three-quarters of attendees so far will be traveling from out of state.
Here is just a taste of a few of the premium events that will be offered.
- Bourbon in the Air opening night soiree
- Equipped and Ready to Cocktail with Samantha Montgomery of Bardstown Bourbon Co.
- Cooking with Bourbon — two events, one with chef Ouita Michel and one with chef Newman Miller
- Uniquely Single — discussing single barrel picks with New Riff’s Creola Dickerson and Maker’s Mark’s Jane Bowie
- The Mash Hour: ‘American Whiskey Was Different When We Started!’ featuring Woodford Reserve Master Distiller Chris Morris and James B. Beam Distilling Company’s Fred Noe.
- Rare and Vintage Bourbon Auction
Prices for the premium events vary. A general admission (including VIP passes) is required to attend premium events. General admission tickets are available for $125 for the weekend or Sunday only for $75. Admission includes all sampling from distilleries throughout the event; ability to purchase bottles directly from distilleries and exclusive KBF single barrel selections; access to distilleries, educational sessions, musical entertainment, food trucks, and exhibits; and unlimited re-entry throughout the duration of the pass.