Website Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery
Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery has an immediate opening for a Winery & Distillery Production Associate.
Huber’s Orchard & Winery / Starlight Distillery is seeking a candidate to fill our Winery &
Distillery Production Associate position. This position reports to the Production Manager and
collaborates daily with the co-owner and other production team members regarding product
quality and production tasks. Huber’s is Indiana’s largest estate bottled winery, and home to 90
acres of vineyards. Our company is rapidly expanding our wine and spirits production, which
involves the milling of corn from over 50 acres of our estate heirloom corn varieties for our
flagship Bourbon, Carl T. This position is fast paced requiring work in the cellar with bottling, in
the rickhouse, and, periodically, in the vineyards. Knowledge of basic wine chemistry analysis
and tasks are a plus, along with a passion and palette for wine and spirits.
Position Summary: Assists Production Manager with day-to-day production operations
including, but not limited to, producing, packaging, and storing of all wines and/or spirits.
- Record and maintain accurate processes and procedures for both wines and spirits
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of all processes in wine and spirits production
- Bottling of Huber Winery and Starlight Distillery products
- Attend regular meetings to evaluate, develop, and improve procedures relating to wine
and spirits production, distribution, education & sales with staff and other managers.
- Contribute to the development of the long-term strategy for the wine and spirits
- Work with all levels within the company to improve wine and spirits education
- Ability and willingness to take on new tasks and projects as needed for the betterment of
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to work flexible schedule and adjust to seasonal shifts
- Able to push, pull, carry, or lift up to 60 pounds
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Able to operate a forklift
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Required Education & Experience:
- 1 year of experience in beverage alcohol production
- Strong knowledge of wines and distilled spirits
- Understanding of chemistry and chemical analysis
Statements included in this description may not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise
the position, or to require that different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Huber’s Orchard, Winery, & Vineyards provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to ALamb@huberwinery.com