Winery Production Assistant – Huber’s Winery and Starlight Distillery
Website Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery
Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery is seeking a candidate to fill their Winery Production Assistant position. This position reports to the Wine Production Manager and collaborates daily with the co-owner and other wine production team members regarding wine quality and wine production tasks. Huber’s is Indiana’s largest estate bottled winery, and home to 90 acres of vineyards. Our company is rapidly expanding our spirits production, which involves the milling of corn from over 50 acres of our estate heirloom corn varieties for our flagship Bourbon, Carl T.
This position is fast paced requiring work in the cellar with bottling, in the rickhouse, and, periodically, in the vineyards. Knowledge of basic wine chemistry analysis and tasks is a plus, along with a passion and palette for wine and spirits.
Assists Winery Production Manager with day-to-day winery production operations including;
- Record and maintain accurate winemaking processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of all processes in winery production.
- Work with other managers and grape growers on all aspects of harvest and grape
- Bottling of Huber Winery and Starlight Distillery products.
- Identify blending options and the potential development of new products.
- Hold and attend regular meetings to evaluate, develop and improve procedures relating to
wine production, distribution, education & sales with staff and other managers.
- Contribute to the development of the long-term strategy for the winemaking operations.
- Work with all levels within the company to improve wine education.
- Ability and willingness to take on new tasks and projects as needed for the betterment of
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to work flexible schedule and adjust to seasonal shifts
- Able to push, pull, carry, or lift up to 60 pounds
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Able to operate a forklift
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of wines and distilled spirits
- 1 years of production experience
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Viticulture, or Enology
- Deep understanding of wine chemistry and analysis
- 3 years of production experience
Statements included in this description may not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the position, or to require that different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Huber’s Orchard, Winery, & Vineyards provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Position: Winery Production Assistant
Department: Winery Production
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Wine Production Manager
To apply for this job email your details to ALamb@huberwinery.com