Buffalo Trace Distillery along the Kentucky River in Frankfort, Kentucky filled its 8 millionth barrel since Prohibition last month. To celebrate the historic accomplishment the distillery is giving away an exclusive two-day bourbon experience of a lifetime at the distillery.
To honor the fans that helped make this milestone possible, the distillery is celebrating fans with the chance to stock their bars with rare bottles and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to stay on-site at the Stagg House, its ultra-private guest house that sits in the middle of the Buffalo Trace barrel warehouse farm.
What is the Buffalo Trace ‘Stagg Lodge’?
The Stagg Lodge is an invite-only lodge, a true bourbon lover’s paradise that has never been offered to the public before. Built in 2020 the Stagg Lodge is a 4,000 sq. ft. log cabin nestled on the edge of its Whiskey Farm overlooking the distillery, the Kentucky River and historic downtown Frankfort. The house features five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a massive and charming great room with floor to ceiling windows, double sided fireplace, a remarkable wrap around deck and incredible overlook of the property.
“The passion we see from our fans is the most inspiring part of what we do,” said Harlen Wheatley, master distiller. “We’re asking people to run just one mile for a chance to join us at Buffalo Trace Distillery for a specially curated bourbon experience, and the opportunity to stock their bars with an exclusive collection of some of our finest bourbons for the new year and beyond.”
Buffalo Trace Distillery is asking Americans, specifically eight million of them, to ditch their New Year’s resolutions and run (even if that means walking, jogging, sprinting, or cheering someone on), for bourbon instead. And to be clear, no walking or running is required, just visit the page and fill out the form.
One fan who “runs” a mile for bourbon will win a $10,000 trip for two to the distillery that includes the following prizes.
- First-class airfare for two to stay at the secluded Stagg Lodge.
- A two-night stay (one of the nights will be at the invite-only Stagg Lodge on the distillery grounds and the second night will be in Louisville).
- Dinner prepared by the distillery’s private chef both nights.
- Private tours of the grounds and distillery.
- An $800 gift card for gift shop merchandise.
- Buffalo Trace Distillery, whose portfolio includes the 2022 Antique Collection, will also donate bourbon, in the name of the winner, to a mutually agreed upon 501(c) charity.
“There’s running … and then there’s running with the goal of bourbon,” said Freddie Johnson, third generation team member and distillery VIP Visitor Lead. “We’ve pulled out all the stops to plan this immersive and exclusive experience for one special bourbon fan.”
To score this rare offer bourbon fans should visit WillRunforBuffaloTraceBourbon.com between January 18 and February 18 for details and to enter. The winner will be notified by the end of February and the stay will take place later in the year.
Buffalo Trace Distillery is an American family-owned company based in Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky. The Distillery’s rich tradition dates back to 1775 and includes such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee. Buffalo Trace Distillery is a fully operational Distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site and is a National Historic Landmark as well as is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Complete Buffalo Trace Distillery Timeline – 1773 to Today
- Buffalo Trace Distillery Celebrates the Filling of its 7 Millionth Barrel – Honors Family Tradition [Video]
- Sazerac Co. Announces $600 Million Expansion – Largest Distilled Spirits-Related Investment in Kentucky’s History
- Buffalo Trace Distillery Production up 50% as $1.2 Billion Expansion Continues – Capacity to Double to 2,000+ Barrels/Day by Year End
- Buffalo Trace Distillery Releases Its Full 2022 Antique Collection including George T. Stagg at a Robust 138.7 Proof