I know, there’s nothing average about a bourbon drinker except for their love of this fine caramel colored American spirit. In fact, it was way back in 1964 that the U.S. Congress officially declared bourbon as “America’s Native Spirit.” Hard to believe that it’s been 50 plus years since that declaration. It was May 4, 1964 that Senate Concurrent Resolution 19 was signed. To celebrate the signing the actual document was released by the National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, D.C. and placed on display at the Frazier History Museum in Louisville, KY.

Senate Resolution 19 declaring Bouron as Americas Native SpiritKentucky Distillers’ Association President Eric Gregory said, “This is the Declaration of Independence for Bourbon as it recognizes the fact that Bourbon is distinctly American. It’s one of the most cherished pieces of our history, and we’re proud to have it in the birthplace of Bourbon where it belongs.” The artifact is now back home in the Archives.

According to the research, 13.1% of Americans are bourbon drinkers. That means that the other 86.9% are liars or too young.

70% of bourbon drinkers are male while 30% are females but, these numbers continue to shift as more and more women have fallen in love with bourbon. Check out organizations or authors like Bourbon WomenThe Bourbon Babe or author Heather Greene.

Interesting that 24% have never married, 57% are married and 19% are divorced. If you compare this divorce rate to the national average of 50% then bourbon makes for a better marriage!

Enjoy the infographic and share and like it with your friends on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.

Click here to see the full size image.

Profile of the Average American Bourbon Drinker

 

EMBED THIS INFOGRAPHIC ON YOUR SITE

(Use this code to ensure proper source attribution.)

Recommended Posts