Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey is inspired by the best whiskey-maker the world never knew, the first known African-American master distiller, Nathan “Nearest” Green.
Uncle Nearest 1884 Small Batch Whiskey is hand-selected by our founders and curated by fifth-generation Master Blender, Victoria Eady Butler, who’s signature is on the back of each bottle. Aged a minimum of 7 years, and bottled at 93-proof, this is a smooth sipping whiskey.
How to Make an Uncle Nearest Tennessee Mule
- 2 oz. Uncle Nearest 1884 Premium Whiskey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 0.75 oz. 1:1 simple syrup*
- 0.5 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz. sparkling water
- In the small half of a cocktail shaker combine ginger and simple syrup.
- Muddle ginger thoroughly and allow to sit for at least 2 minutes (more if you prefer a spicier ginger flavor).
- Add the lemon juice and Uncle Nearest 1884.
- Fill the shaker with ice, add the lid and shake vigorously for three seconds.
- Double strain into an ice filled highball or collins glass and top with 2 oz of sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a sprig of mint (optional).
* 1:1 simple syrup: Combine equal parts sugar and room temperature water in a lidded jar and shake vigorously until the sugar is completely dissolved. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
The whiskey is currently available in all 50 states and 12 countries (while shipping into a total of 148 countries), in more than 17,000 stores, bars, restaurants, and at its 270-acre distillery in Shelbyville, Tennessee.