Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey is inspired by the best whiskey-maker the world never knew, the first known African-American master distiller, Nathan “Nearest” Green.
Uncle Nearest 1884 Small Batch Whiskey is hand-selected by our founders and curated by fifth-generation Master Blender, Victoria Eady Butler, who’s signature is on the back of each bottle. Aged a minimum of 7 years, and bottled at 93-proof, this is a smooth sipping whiskey.
How to Make an Uncle Nearest Tennessee Mule
- 2 oz. Uncle Nearest 1884 Premium Whiskey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 0.75 oz. 1:1 simple syrup*
- 0.5 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz. sparkling water
- In the small half of a cocktail shaker combine ginger and simple syrup.
- Muddle ginger thoroughly and allow to sit for at least 2 minutes (more if you prefer a spicier ginger flavor).
- Add the lemon juice and Uncle Nearest 1884.
- Fill the shaker with ice, add the lid and shake vigorously for three seconds.
- Double strain into an ice filled highball or collins glass and top with 2 oz of sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a sprig of mint (optional).
* 1:1 simple syrup: Combine equal parts sugar and room temperature water in a lidded jar and shake vigorously until the sugar is completely dissolved. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
The whiskey is currently available in all 50 states and 12 countries (while shipping into a total of 148 countries), in more than 17,000 stores, bars, restaurants, and at its 270-acre distillery in Shelbyville, Tennessee.
Learn more about Nearest Green Distillery.
Order Uncle Nearest Whiskey online.
Please help to support Distillery Trail. Sign up for our Newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter.