Why just have a Bloody Mary when you can have a Bloody Mary made with bacon?
Here’s a crazy idea: a bacon, lettuce, and tomato Bloody Mary for your Sunday morning brunch. This Bloody Mary is a BLT sandwich in liquid form. I went all the way with this one by actually blending the bacon into the drink. I was going to add some of the bacon fat to the Bloody Mary mixture for some extra flavor but I could not help myself and had to blend the bacon. Yes, blended bacon happened today and it made this drink crazy delicious. The spiciness of the arugula kicks the drink up a notch and balances out the acid from the tomatoes and fat from the bacon.
If you ever needed a meal in a cup this is it not only do you get to drink the bacon there is also a slice in the garnish that can be enjoyed right off the bat. Try this Bloody Mary this weekend with your brunch; it will kick your regular Bloody Mary up a notch and who doesn’t want to start there morning with some good fried bacon in a drink?
Take your Bloody Mary to the next level and make it a BLT!
How to Make a BLT Bloody Mary Cocktail
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 3 ounces of vodka
- ½ cup of roasted tomatoes (a couple of more for garnish)
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces of V8 Juice
- ¼ cup of packed arugula (more for garnish)
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 slices of bacon (2 for the drink and 2 for the garnish)
- 2 big ice cubes
- Garnish: Roasted Tomatoes, Arugula, and Bacon
- In a blender combine all ingredients except the ice and garnishes
- Blend mixture until all ingredients have been combined
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes and pour mixture over ice
- Garnish with Roasted Tomatoes, Arugula, and Bacon
Yields: 2 servings