There’s a chill in the air and a jingle when you leave the grocery store. It could only mean one thing, time for hot chocolate and eggnog (made with a kick of course.) This cocktail recipe that I am sharing today is such a treat all year round; not just for Christmas.
I love hot chocolate and this Mexican hot chocolate is packed full of chocolate and cinnamon flavors. It is a perfect base for elevating your typical eggnog and adding a chocolate flair and the spiced rum adds some additional flavor. This drink would also work well as a punch or a dessert punch. What could be better than spiked eggnog? Spiked eggnog with chocolate!
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 1.5 ounces of spiced rum
- 1/2 cup of prepared Mexican hot chocolate according to package directions. I used Abuelita which you can purchase here. Or take a look here if prefer to make your own from scratch.
- 1/2 cup of prepared eggnog
- 1/2 cup of ice
Garnish: Whip cream, chocolate shavings, and cinnamon
- In a large glass add rum, hot chocolate, and egg nog
- Stir mixture until all ingredients are combined
- Add ice to serving glass
- Pour mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate chips or shavings.
Yields: 1 serving