Margarita time is here and I am sharing a savory margarita. I wanted to create something that was hearty and really stood up to winter but was also fresh and light. So, I came up with the Roasted Tomato Margarita. It may seem like too much work but really all you have to do is roast the tomatoes throw them in the blender with some water then you have your base.
This base could be used for multiple cocktails including the Bloody Mary or a Spicy Tomato Martini. Take your margarita to the next flavor level today!
Stay Informed: Sign up here for our Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 4 ounces of roasted tomato puree (*see recipe below)
- 1.5 ounces of tequila
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- ½ to 1 cup of ice
- *Roasted tomato puree: Take 1 pound of chopped tomatoes and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 garlic clove and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Add mixture to blender with ¼ cup of water. Blend then strain. Add more salt if desired.
- In a shaker add, roasted tomato puree, tequila, lime juice, and ice
- Rim serving glass with tajin then shake mixture
- Pour shaken mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with roasted tomatoes or lime slices