Be My Designated Driver – BeMyDD, the nation’s largest designated driver service, has announced the launch of a 12-month, nationwide program to provide free designated drivers in 24 cities across the United States. The program continues a long-term initiative from BeMyDD to lower the rate of drunk driving deaths and promote social responsibility throughout the markets it serves.
According to statistics from the U.S. Department of Transportation, a drunk driver kills someone every 52 minutes. Targeted specifically for people in the suburbs, for whom taxi rides downtown can quickly get expensive, BeMyDD aims to give consumers an affordable and safe transportation alternative by using the customer’s own vehicle. Fully-screened and insured drivers with over 10 years of driving experience are available on-demand for a variety of driving services, including event transportation and hourly personal drivers. In addition to the potential lives saved through the use of designated drivers, services like BeMyDD also help avoid the expense of getting a DUI, which can cost around $16,000, according to AAA.
Together with partners like Brown-Forman’s Jack Daniel’s Whiskey and Total Wine & More, The 24-City Designated Driver Tour will launch on September 26, 2015 in Los Angeles. Over the next year, the tour will bring free designated drivers to a new city every other Saturday, providing car pickup services within 50 miles of the city center. From 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. on the specified date in each location, customers who have driven somewhere and do not want to drive home can request a car pickup at no charge by using the BeMyDD smartphone app.
Here’s how the program works.
- Customer requests a car pickup using the BeMyDD smartphone app
- A team of two drivers will arrive at the customer’s location
- One driver will drive the customer and their car home safely
- And the other will retrieve the driver afterwards
“Social responsibility is a huge priority for us,” said Arthur Simanovsky, BeMyDD president and CEO. “We’re always looking for ways to make finding a designated driver easier than getting behind the wheel. The 24-City Designated Driver Tour is our biggest opportunity yet to positively impact communities all over the United States.”
“The 24-City Designated Driver Tour is an excellent opportunity to promote responsible consumer enjoyment, which is one of our core brand values,” said Rob Frederick, Director of Corporate Responsibility at Jack Daniel’s parent corporation Brown-Forman. “This is a unique campaign that has our full support.”
The 24-City Designated Driver Tour schedule is as follows:
- September 26, 2015 – Los Angeles, CA
- October 10, 2015 – Miami, FL
- October 24, 2015 – Orange County, CA
- November 7, 2015 – Tampa, FL
- November 21, 2015 – Cleveland, OH
- December 5, 2015 – Charlotte, NC
- December 19, 2015 – Indianapolis, IN
- January 9, 2016 – Atlanta, GA
- January 23, 2016 – Phoenix, AZ
- February 6, 2016 – Denver, CO
- February 20, 2016 – Minneapolis, MN
- March 5, 2016 – Chicago, IL
- March 19, 2016 – Orlando, FL
- April 2, 2016 – Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- April 16, 2016 – Seattle, WA
- April 30, 2016 – San Diego, CA
- May 14, 2016 – Washington D.C./Baltimore, MD/VA/DC
- May 28, 2016 – San Francisco, CA
- June 11, 2016 – Raleigh-Durham, NC
- June 25, 2016 – Boston, MA
- July 9, 2016 – Las Vegas, NV
- July 23, 2016 – Houston, TX
- August 6, 2016 – San Antonio, TX
- August 20, 2016 – New York City, NY/CT/NJ (Question: I wonder if the Mayor of NYC will try to outlaw this program?)
BeMyDD (Be My Designated Driver) is the nation’s largest designated driver service, currently operating in 76 markets in 31 states. Free pickup service will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis during the 12 month campaign. New customers anywhere in the country can get $20 off their first ride on any day by using promo code DDTOUR through the BeMyDD mobile app at www.BeMyDD.com/DDTour.