The Kentucky Distillers’ Association has announced that Rick Robinson, Vice President of Product Supply Chain at Campari America, has been named chairman of the historic group’s Board of Directors for 2019. This marks the second time Robinson has served as chairman of the Association that unites, promotes, protects and elevates Kentucky’s signature Bourbon and distilled spirits industry. Campari boasts a rich, comprehensive portfolio of more than 20 brands, including the Wild Turkey family of bourbon and whiskey brands.
Robinson has extensive knowledge of the spirits category with over 20 years of experience, and is an expert in Bourbon, whiskey, vodka, and rum production. He assumed his current role at Campari America in 2014, shifting from his position as Site Director at the famed Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, where he managed distillation, barrel handling, and bottling.
“Bourbon is not just the hottest category in the US spirits industry, but also one of the fastest growing around the world,” Robinson said. “I look forward to working with our Kentucky Distillers’ Association members to promote America’s Native Spirit and all Kentucky spirits, while continuing to build the foundations for growth, supporting all of our dedicated distillers and this great Commonwealth.”
The Kentucky Distillers’ Association Board also selected board members and officers during its 138th Annual Meeting held in downtown Louisville.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
2019 Board members include:
- Michter’s Distillery – President Joseph J. Magliocco
- Brown-Forman – Old Forester Distillery President Campbell Brown
- Four Roses Distillery –Chief Operating Officer and Director of Distillery Operations Ryan Ashley
- Z. Tyler Distillery – Master Distiller and Director of Operations Jacob Call
- Lux Row Distillery – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Donn Lux
- Louisville Distilling Co. – Angel’s Envy Distillery Co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer Wes Henderson
- Bardstown Bourbon Company – President and Chief Executive Officer David Mandell
- Beam Suntory – Vice President, Kentucky Beam Bourbon Affairs Kevin Smith
The Board also appointed Jessica Pendergrass, Corporate Counsel for Heaven Hill Brands, as Vice Chairman, and Pauline Rooney, Vice President of Distillation, Maturation & Engineering at Diageo North America, as Secretary-Treasurer.
Founded in 1880, the Kentucky Distillers’ Association is the state’s voice for Bourbon and spirits issues. There are currently 39 members, the most since the Repeal of Prohibition, and 30 distillery stops on its popular Kentucky Bourbon Trail® and Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour® experiences.
View all Kentucky Distilleries.
Please help to support Distillery Trail. Sign up for our Newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.