Tapping into the craft spirits craze, the York County Convention & Visitors Bureau in Pennsylvania has launched the Keystone Craft Spirits Trail™. The CVB says that according to the American Craft Spirits Association, Pennsylvania is among the top 10 states by number of craft distilleries, making it a prime location to plug into this emerging distilled spirit trend.
“The craft beverage scene has exploded and visitors are increasingly seeking out craft beer and local wines. It’s only natural that craft spirits would follow,” said Louise Heine, Destination Marketing Director for the York County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The Keystone Craft Spirits Trail will debut with 12 distilleries and boast a regional footprint that spreads from York to Gettysburg, Lebanon, Baltimore and the Philadelphia suburbs.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
“York County’s story has always centered on making quality products, and it’s no surprise the creative mindset that’s driven our destination has made its mark in authentic handcrafted spirits, too,” said Heine. “The Keystone Craft Spirits Trail will give visitors another chance to experience truly local libations as they explore York County and beyond.”
Visitors can start with a tasting at Old Republic Distillery just outside Downtown York, where the bottle labels even tell stories about the region’s past, before setting out to sample more libations at distilleries large and small.
The Pennsylvania Trail Crosses Border into Maryland
Heading east, visitors can take a distillery tour at the rustic Thistle Finch Distillery in Lancaster, or sample vodka, whiskey and gin in Five Saints Distilling’s historic firehouse location in Norristown. And with stops spread out among Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lebanon and more, there are more small-batch tastings to try along the trail.
The complete lineup for the Keystone Craft Spirits Trail includes:
- Brandywine Branch Distillers, Elverson, Pennsylvania
- Five Saints Distilling and International Spirits, Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Hidden Still Spirits, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- Mason Dixon Distillery, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Midstate Distillery, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Dill’s Tavern, Northern York County Historical and Preservation Society, Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
- Old Republic Distillery, York, Pennsylvania
- Sagamore Spirit Distillery, Baltimore, Maryland
- Spirits of Gettysburg Distillery, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Stoll & Wolfe Distillery, Lititz, Pennsylvania
- Tattered Flag Still Works, Middletown, Pennsylvania
- Thistle Finch Distillery, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
A new brochure in the works will house information on all three of the York County’s three trails, the Keystone Craft Spirits Trail, the Mason-Dixon Wine Trail and Susquehanna Ale Trail. The brochure will include a master map to ensure visitors can plan the ultimate craft beverage tasting journey through the south-central Pennsylvania region and beyond.
You can find all the Pennsylvania Distilleries on our Distillery Directory here. Don’t see your distillery in the directory? Email us at Info@DistilleryTrail.com.
Please help to support Distillery Trail. Sign up for our Newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.