This is a repeating eventapril 24, 2017
Moonshine University: 5 Day Distiller Course
The Moonshine University 5 Day Distiller Course provides a complete overview of the craft of distilling and the beverage alcohol industry through comprehensive technical training and business management education. Over
The Moonshine University 5 Day Distiller Course provides a complete overview of the craft of distilling and the beverage alcohol industry through comprehensive technical training and business management education. Over 40 industry experts are brought together to provide an intensive, practical, hands-on learning experience that combines technical training and business management education for start-ups, industry professionals, and those looking for careers in the distilling industry.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Register here by July 3, 2017 for 5 nights at the Brown Hotel included with tuition. Check-in date: 7/23/17, check-out date: 7/28/17
Register here by October 2, 2017 for 5 nights at the Brown Hotel included with tuition. Check-in date: 10/22/17, check-out date: 10/27/17
This course is designed and taught by distillery operators, industry insiders, and world-renowned master distillers, it exposes attendees to the realities of the day-to-day operations from laying the first brick to getting finished product on the shelves. The technical aspects of distillate production are only the beginning. Challenges and opportunities from equipment selection to distribution channels to financial considerations are also explored.
Who should attend Moonshine University?
- Entrepreneurs interested in opening their own distillery or launching their own brand.
- Industry professionals who are looking to gain a better overall understanding of the craft, science and trade of beverage alcohol.
- Those looking for careers in the distilling industry.
- Distillery owners/operators who want to specialize or improve in a certain area of their business.
5 Day Distiller Course
- January 23 – 27, 2017 | Register Now
- April 24 – 28, 2017 | Register Now
- July 24 – 28, 2017 | Register Now
- October 23 – 27, 2017 | Register Now
Sunday – So You Want to Build a Distillery (This day is optional but highly recommended)
- Key Steps and Timeline
- Financial Considerations
- Construction / Renovation
- Incetives and Government Support
Monday – The Fundamentals
- Distilling 101
- Breakout Session: Distilling
- Distilling 102
- Breakout Session: Laboratory
- Nuts and Bolts Networking Reception
Tuesday – Rum Production
- TTB Licensing and Compliance
- Rum Mash Bill Calculation
- SOP/COLA – Formulation and label approval process.
Wednesday – Whiskey Production
- Production Process
- Lunch with a Legend – Entertaining as well as insightful, our legends never disappoint. Past speakers include Jimmy Russell, Master Distiller at Wild Turkey, Bill Samuels, Jr., and Greg Davis from Maker’s Mark.
- Oak 101
- Aging and Mingling
- Proofing and Finishing
- On and Off Premises Marketing
- Networking Reception and Dinner – Cocktails and dinner will provide another excellent opportunity for attendees, presenters and honored guests to enjoy informal conversation and build valuable relationships.
Thursday – Vodka and Gin Production
- Artisan Distiller Panel
- Vodka and Gin Sensory Evaluation
- Vendome Copper and Brass Works Tour – A field trip to tour the largest distilling equipment manufacturer in the United States.
Friday – Branding, Sales and Marketing
- Case Study: Route to Market
- Packaging and Closures
- Closing Remarks and Diplomas
- All class-related materials
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments daily
- Networking dinner/reception Wednesday evening
- Transportation between the Brown Hotel and Moonshine University
Still Have Questions? Ready to Get Started?
Contact Christin Head at 502.301.8139 or email Registrar@MoonshineUniversity.com
View all Moonshine University Courses here.
INSTRUCTORS: Randy Allender, Luis Ayala, Matt Baugher, Steve Beam, Kristin Carlton, Larry Coomes, Greg Davis, Glenn Glaser, Lang Guenther, Dr. Pat Heist, Joe Heron, Paul Johnson, Pete Kamer, Jeff LaHue, Stacy Lauter, Robert Lehrman, Stephen Lukinovich, Dan Matauch, Jim McCoy, Paul McLaughlin, Chris Morris, Cash Moter, Andrew Mueller, Sid Mundkur, Tom Niekamp, Sherman Owen, Joy Perrine, Scott Reid, Rusty Riley, Don Rodgers, Jimmy Russell, Bill Samuels, Jr., Scott Schiller, Mike Sherman, Rob Sherman, Clay Smith, Peggy Noe Stevens, Kris Tatum, Carson Taylor, Paul Tomaszewski, Mary Beth Williams, Chris Zaborowski, Sara Zborovski, as well as Moonshine University and Flavorman instructors.
january 23 (Monday) - 27 (Friday)
Moonshine University, Louisville, KY
Distilled Spirits Epicenter, 801 South 8th Street, Louisville, KY 40203, United States