On the road to horse racing’s Triple Crown it’s time for leg number two at the Preakness. Not to be outdone by the Mint Julep, the official drink of the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness has its own official drink, The Black Eyed-Susan.
There are many variations on the Black-Eyed Susan but here’s the track’s official version as shared by Tim Laird, America’s self-proclaimed CEO – Chief Entertainment Officer.
- 1 1/2 ounces of vodka
- 1/2 ounce of Elderflower Liquor
- 2 ounces of pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounces of orange juice
- A lime
- An orange
- In a shaker with ice, add vodka
- Add Elderflower Liquor
- Add pineapple juice
- Add orange juice
- Squeeze of lime
- Shake and pour over a glass of ice
- Garnish with an orange slice.
Yields: 1 serving