How to Make an Absinthe Mint Julep Cocktail [Video]
Whether spring is in the air or just on your mind anytime of the year is a good time to enjoy a sprig or 10 of mint. We are going with a twist on the classic mint julep and making an Absinthe Julep made with only a few simple ingredients.
Did you know that April is Mint Julep Month? Happy Mint Julep Month Ya’ll!
- 2 oz. Copper & Kings Blanche Absinthe
- Barspoon of Simple Syrup
- Bunch of Fresh Mint
- Lewis Bag and Mallet (Available here.)
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- Separate mint tops from stems and set aside to be used for garnish.
- Rub stems around the inside of julep glass for aroma then discard.
- Pack a Lewis Bag with Ice and crush with mallet.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Add absinthe and simple syrup
- Swizzle with barspoon
- Fill with crushed ice to heaping.
- Spank mint tops lightly around the rim of glass and insert into ice with straw for garnish.
Happy Mint Julep Month!
This special Mint Julep cocktail is brought to you courtesy of Copper & Kings American Brandy Co. distillery.
Want to Feature Your Distilleries Cocktail?
Do you have a classic cocktail that’s to die for? Or do you have specialty that’s only available at your distillery that the world needs to know about? Shoot us an email at Info@DistilleryTrail.com for details on having your cocktail featured.