How to Make The Official 2015 Kentucky Derby Mint Julep
This year’s julep represents a new take on the heritage cocktail that is the classic Mint Julep as prepared by acclaimed mixologist Pamela Wiznitzer. Using the finest ingredients, the recipe honors the history behind the cocktail while also appealing to contemporary julep drinkers with a taste of coconut and chocolate.
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
Woodford Reserve® 2015 Kentucky Derby® Mint Julep
- 2 oz Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
- .75 oz Coconut Palm Sugar Syrup
- 6-8 Chocolate Mint Sprigs
- Candied Orange and Lemon Slices for garnish
- Powdered Sugar
- Combine ingredients and shake with the mint.
- In the Julep glass, place 3 sprigs of the mint at the bottom and top with crushed ice.
- Strain over crushed ice into a julep glass, insert metal spoon straw.
- Top it with a mint sprig and candied orange/lemon slice and powdered sugar.