I am from North Carolina and love all the southern traditions. This includes horse races and bourbon. My new obsessions include boozy milkshakes for every occasion. They are so versatile because they are a cocktail and dessert. I love serving these at parties as the dessert. So, when I thought about a themed party for the weekend races I knew I had to make a mint julep shake. This is something that you drink after you can’t handle anymore-regular mint juleps and need a cocktail break. The ice cream and the mint are refreshing and can help you get over that mid day slump of day drinking.
Let’s booze it up on race day with this amazing minty boozy shake!
Recipe: Mint Julep Shake
Stay Informed: Sign up here for the Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 4 scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 2 ounces of milk
- 5 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- In a blender combine bourbon, ice cream, milk, and mint leaves
- Blend until desired consistency
- Note: add more ice cream if mixture is too thin or more milk if it is too thick
- Pour blended mixture into serving glass
Happy mint julep month!