I am taking my summer faves Aperol and Mint and combining them with some Macallan Scotch Whisky for a little flavor. Obviously, I like drinking scotch year round but I love drinking it in the fall and find it adds the perfect amount of fall flavor to cocktails. So, today I sharing the Scotch and Aperol Moscow Mule which will hit the spot this week. A little bit of bitter with a little bit of smoky makes this Moscow mule one of the best flavor combinations that I have tasted in a cocktail. Want to try a new twist on the Moscow mule? Try this Scotch and Aperol version to make your week a little more fun! Cheers to easing into to new seasons!
Recipe: Scotch and Aperol Moscow Mule
- 1.5 ounces of Macallan Scotch Whisky
- ½ ounces of Aperol
- ½ ounce of mint simple syrup (*recipe below)
- top off with ginger beer
- ½ cup ice
Garnish: Mint leaves
- In a mixing glass place Macallan scotch Whisky, Aperol, mint simple syrup, and ice
- Stir mixture until it is chilled
- Top off with ginger beer
- Garnish with mint and serve
Yields: 1 servings
Recipe: Mint Syrup
- ½ cup Turbinado sugar
- ½ cup Boiling water
- ¾ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- Combine the sugar and mint in a bowl.
- Add water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Steep the mint leaves for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate up to two weeks.