This is a repeating eventnovember 12, 2020
Moonshine University: Whiskey Workshop
Become a whiskey connoisseur with this two-day intermediate Whiskey Workshop examining everything whiskey! We’ll cover a wide variety of classifications – including Irish, Scotch,
Become a whiskey connoisseur with this two-day intermediate Whiskey Workshop examining everything whiskey! We’ll cover a wide variety of classifications – including Irish, Scotch, Canadian, American, and even new craft whiskeys made from non-traditional grains – detailing the individual distillate components and production processes for each, standards of identity, and relationship to other whiskeys.
Students will also receive an in-depth understanding of whiskey production, including malting, smoking, mashing, fermenting, traditional and alternative aging techniques, and making cuts. Hands-on, small-scale product development with table-top distillation allows participants to experiment further with these processes before moving onto the larger equipment in our distillery. Finally, we’ll return to our roots by examining the history of whiskey, before discussing the best ways to guide consumers through an informative and engaging sensory evaluation of this versatile spirit.
For more information, visit the course page.
- Classroom Instruction
- Product development and tabletop distillation
- Hands-on production training in distillery
- Sensory training and analysis
To examine the styles, analyze the components, and practice the methods so that students can develop a unique, balanced whisk(e)y product.
- Students will gain a technical working knowledge of distilling equipment used in the various styles of whisk(e)y.
- Students will understand methods of malting and smoking in order to apply it to their own products.
- Students will practice developing an original mash bill and experiment with product development within the specifications of the whisk(e)y category.
- Students will learn how to apply aging and/or alternative aging techniques to finish their own whisk(e)y.
Tuition: $1,995 USD
- All class-related materials
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments daily
- Networking reception Thursday evening
- Transportation between the Brown Hotel and Moonshine University
Still Have Questions? Ready to Get Started?
Contact: Christin Head | 502-305-8596
View all Moonshine University Courses here.
june 4 (Thursday) - 5 (Friday) EST
Moonshine University, Louisville, KY
Distilled Spirits Epicenter, 801 South 8th Street, Louisville, KY 40203, United States