Mojito is a traditional Cuban highball. Traditionally, a mojito is a cocktail that consists of white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water, and mint.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 2 heaping teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 12 fresh mint leaves, plus 5 small sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda
In 10-ounce glass (such as Collins or highball), stir together lime juice and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add 1/4 cup crushed ice. Rub mint leaves over rim of glass, then tear leaves in half and add to glass. Gently stir for 15 seconds, then add rum, remaining crushed ice, and club soda. Gently stir for 5 seconds, then tuck mint sprigs into top of glass and insert tall straw.