Today I am sharing a recipe that is perfect for the cool days. This recipe contains a new spirit called Chila Orchata, which is cinnamon cream rum but you can experiment with any rum. Just one sip of this gem makes you think of the holidays and winter cocktails. I love mixing this spirit with the cinnamon and vanilla black tea from Trader Joe’s. It is a flavorful tea that compliments the rum really well.
This spirit defines itself as ” a unique blend of rum, real dairy cream, and a sprinkle of exotic cinnamon. I love the cinnamon flavor and this would be a perfect addition to coffee or milk punch.
Are you feeling cold this season? Warm up with this flavorful and creamy hot toddy!
Stay Informed: Sign up here for our Distillery Trail free email newsletter and be the first to get all the latest news, trends, job listings and events in your inbox.
- 2 ounces of Chila Orchata Cinnamon Cream Rum
- 5 ounces of cinnamon and vanilla black tea
- ½ ounce of hot water
Garnish: Sprinkle with cinnamon, whipped cream and cinnamon stick.
- In a large mug add the tea bag and the 5 ounces of boiling water. Let the tea bag steep for 5 minutes then discard the tea bags. Let the tea cool.
- Add the tea, Chila Orchata Cinnamon Cream Rum and hot water to serving glass
- Stir contents until fully mixed